Website Protected by Copyright
Currency of Website
Sandstorm Gold Ltd. updates the information on this website regularly. However, such information is not intended to be a comprehensive review of all matters and developments concerning Sandstorm Gold Ltd. and Sandstorm Gold Ltd. cannot guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information at all times and assumes no responsibility in this regard.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Act of 1933, the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, concerning the business, operations and financial performance and condition of Sandstorm Gold Royalties. Forward-looking information is provided as of the date of this website and Sandstorm does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update this forward-looking information, except as required by law.
Generally, forward-looking information can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “plans”, “expects” or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “intends”, “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, or “believes”, or variations of such words and phrases or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will be taken”, “occur” or “be achieved”. Forward-looking information is based on certain assumptions and other important factors that have been made by Sandstorm as at the date of such information and is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, level of activity, performance or achievements of Sandstorm to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information, including but not limited to: the Company’s plans with respect to the payment of the dividend and declaration of future dividends, including the timing and amount thereof; the impact of general business and economic conditions; the mines underlying Sandstorm’s streaming and royalty portfolio, the future price of gold, silver, copper, iron ore and other metals; the timing of development of mines underlying the company’s streams and royalties; the estimation of mineral reserves and resources; realization of mineral reserve estimates; the offer and sale of Common Shares under any at-the-market equity program (the “ATM Program”), including the timing and amounts thereof, the use of any proceeds from an ATM Program; statements with respect to the Company’s normal course issuer bid (“NCIB”) and the number of Common Shares that may be purchased under the NCIB; the expected cost profile of mining partners and their underlying assets, and the timing and amount of estimated future production; absence of control over mining operations from which Sandstorm will purchase gold and other commodities and risks related to those mining operations, including risks related to international operations, government and environmental regulation, actual results of current exploration activities, conclusions of economic evaluations and changes in project parameters as plans continue to be refined; problems inherent to the marketability of minerals; industry conditions, including fluctuations in the price of metals, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates and fluctuations in interest rates; government entities interpreting existing tax legislation or enacting new tax legislation in a way which adversely affects Sandstorm; stock market volatility; competition; as well as those factors discussed in the section entitled “Risks to Sandstorm” herein and those risks discussed in the section entitled “Risks to Sandstorm” in Sandstorm’s annual report for the financial year ended December 31, 2022 and the Company’s annual information form dated March 23, 2023 available at www.sedar.com and www.sec.gov and incorporated by reference herein.
Forward-looking information in this website includes, among other things, disclosure regarding Sandstorm’s existing gold streams and royalties as well as its future outlook, and the Mineral Reserve and Mineral Resource estimates for each and any of royalties and commodity streams in Sandstorm’s portfolio and the respective underlying mines therein. Forward-looking information is based upon certain assumptions and other important factors that, if untrue, could cause the actual results, performances, or achievements of Sandstorm to be materially different from future results, performances or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Such statements and information are based on numerous assumptions regarding present and future business strategies and the environment in which Sandstorm will operate in the future, including the price of gold and anticipated costs. Certain important factors that could cause actual results, performances or achievements to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, including but not limited to the continued operation of the mining operations from which Sandstorm will purchase gold, other commodity or receive royalties from, no material adverse change in the market price of commodities, that the mining operations will operate in accordance with their public statements and achieve their stated production outcomes, and such other assumptions and factors as set out therein.
Although Sandstorm has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those contained in forward-looking information, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. Accordingly, users should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information.
Disclosure of Mineral Reserves and Mineral Resources
Readers are advised that National Instrument 43-101 of the Canadian Securities Administrators requires that each category of mineral reserves and mineral resources be reported separately. Readers should refer to the annual information form of Sandstorm Gold Ltd. for the current year-end and other continuous disclosure documents filed by Sandstorm Gold Ltd. since January 1, 2008, available at www.sedar.com, for this detailed information, which is subject to the qualifications and notes set forth therein.
Cautionary Note to United States Investors Concerning Estimates of Measured, Indicated and Inferred Resources
This website may use the terms “Measured”, “Indicated” and “Inferred” Resources. United States investors are advised that while such terms are recognized and required by Canadian regulations, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission does not recognize them. “Inferred Mineral Resources” have a great amount of uncertainty as to their existence, and as to their economic and legal feasibility. It cannot be assumed that all or any part of an Inferred Mineral Resource will ever be upgraded to a higher category. Under Canadian rules, estimates of Inferred Mineral Resources may not form the basis of feasibility or other economic studies. United States investors are cautioned not to assume that all or any part of Measured or Indicated Mineral Resources will ever be converted into Mineral Reserves. United States investors are also cautioned not to assume that all or any part of an Inferred Mineral Resource exists, or is economically or legally mineable.
Exclusion of Liability
Sandstorm Gold Ltd. shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, damages (including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages), loss of profits, opportunities or information arising from:
- the use of or reliance on information contained in this website;
- any inaccuracy or omission in such information or failure to keep the information current;
- use of any third party websites linked to this website;
- any Internet software used in connection with this website or computer viruses or other destructive programs encountered as a result of using this website; and
- any other matter connected with this website; even if Sandstorm Gold Ltd. is made aware of the possibility of such claims, expenses, damages or losses.
Sandstorm Gold Ltd. Not Responsible for Internet Software or Computer Viruses
Due to technical difficulties inherent in the Internet, Internet software or transmission problems could produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of information contained on this website. Computer viruses or other destructive programs may also be inadvertently downloaded from the website. Sandstorm Gold Ltd. shall not be liable for Internet software, computer viruses or destructive programs and recommends that you install appropriate anti-virus or other protective software.
Website is Provided as a Service Only
This website is not intended as a solicitation or offering of securities in any jurisdiction and the information contained herein in no way should be construed or interpreted as such. No securities commission or other regulatory authority in Canada or any other country or jurisdiction has in any way passed upon this information and no representation or warranty is made by Sandstorm Gold Ltd. to that effect. The information on this website is not intended to modify, qualify, supplement or amend information disclosed under corporate and securities legislation of any jurisdiction applicable to Sandstorm Gold Ltd. and should not be used for the purpose of making investment decisions concerning Sandstorm Gold Ltd. securities. Printed copies of public disclosure documents may be obtained from Sandstorm Gold Ltd.
All quotes are delayed at least 20 minutes unless otherwise stated. All stock quotes and historical stock price data are provided by third-party service providers and are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended for trading purposes. If you are contemplating trading in the securities of Sandstorm Gold Ltd., we strongly advise you to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision. Sandstorm Gold Ltd. makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of any such stock price quotes or historical stock price data and has not taken any steps to verify the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of the information provided herein.
Sandstorm has included certain performance measures on the website that do not have any standardized meaning prescribed by International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) including (i) attributable gold equivalent ounces, (ii) average cash cost per attributable gold equivalent ounce, (iii) average realized gold price per attributable ounce, (iv) cash operating margin, (v) cash flows from operating activities excluding changes in non-cash working capital, (vi) all-in sustaining cost (“AISC”) per gold ounce on a co-product basis and AISC per gold ounce on a by-product basis and (vii) total sales, royalties, and income from other interests.
- As the Company’s operations are primarily focused on precious metals, the Company presents attributable gold equivalent ounces as it believes that certain investors use this information to evaluate the Company’s performance in comparison to other mining companies in the precious metals mining industry who present results on a similar basis. The Company’s royalty and other commodity stream revenue, including adjustments for contractual income relating to those interests (see total sales, royalties, and income from other interests in (vii) below), is converted to an attributable gold equivalent ounce basis by dividing total sales, royalties, and income from other interests, for that period by the average realized gold price per ounce from the Company’s gold streams for the same respective period. These attributable gold equivalent ounces when combined with the gold ounces sold from the Company’s gold streams equal total attributable gold equivalent ounces sold and may be subject to change.
- Average cash cost per attributable gold equivalent ounce is calculated by dividing the Company’s cost of sales, excluding depletion by the number of attributable gold equivalent ounces sold. The Company presents average cash cost per ounce as it believes that certain investors use this information to evaluate the Company’s performance in comparison to other streaming companies in the precious metals mining industry who present results on a similar basis.
- Average realized gold price per attributable ounce is calculated by dividing the Company’s revenue by the number of Attributable Gold Equivalent ounces sold. The Company presents average realized gold price per attributable ounce as it believes that certain investors use this information to evaluate the Company’s performance in comparison to other streaming companies in the precious metals mining industry that present results on a similar basis.
- Cash operating margin is calculated by subtracting the average cash cost per attributable gold equivalent ounce from the average realized selling price per attributable gold equivalent ounce. The Company presents cash operating margin as it believes that certain investors use this information to evaluate the Company’s performance in comparison to other companies in the precious metals mining industry who present results on a similar basis.
- The Company has also used the non-IFRS measure of cash flows from operating activities excluding changes in non-cash working capital. This measure is calculated by adding back the decrease or subtracting the increase in changes in non-cash working capital to or from cash provided by (used in) operating activities. The Company presents cash flows from operating activities excluding changes in non-cash working capital as it believes that certain investors use this information to evaluate the Company’s performance in comparison to other streaming companies in the precious metals mining industry that present results on a similar basis.
- Total sales, royalties, and income from other interests is calculated by taking total revenue which includes sales and royalty revenue, and adding contractual income relating to royalties, streams and other interests excluding gains and losses on dispositions. The Company presents total sales, royalties, and income from other interests as it believes that certain investors use this information to evaluate the Company’s performance in comparison to other streaming and royalty companies in the precious metals mining industry.
The presentation of these non-IFRS measures is intended to provide additional information and should not be considered in isolation or as a substitute for measures of performance prepared in accordance with IFRS. These non-IFRS measures do not have any standardized meaning prescribed by IFRS, and other companies may calculate these measures differently. Note these figures have not been audited and are subject to change.